Construction Project Superintendent – MD
Location: HQ in Frederick, Maryland- majority of work within the DC Metro / VA / MD areas but projects anywhere on the east coast to be expected.
Job Description: This position requires high-level leadership to foster teamwork, protect and promote the interests of the company. The role of the Superintendent encompasses a variety of responsibilities to be completed on time and efficiently. The Superintendent acts as the on-site point of contact and supervisor to subcontractors, trades, vendors and liaison to stakeholders.
Skills / Responsibilities/Duties
- Professionalism – full ownership and buy in of the assigned projects and consummate accountability for all aspects of the projects. Superintendents display leadership, poise and determination to succeed regardless of obstacles or stresses that will arise.
- Attitude – always remain focused on solutions, never excuses. Superintendents display a “can do” attitude and always lead by example in doing “whatever it takes,” to get the job done on time, on budget and exceeding expectations.
- Appearance – taking pride in appearance. This consists of Contour branded shirt or gear, khaki pants or blue jeans without holes, work boots, personal protective equipment (PPE) required while also maintaining good personal hygiene.
- Customer Service – ensure the client is satisfied and always putting the best foot forward. Create a team environment with all stakeholders on the project including, but not limited to owners, clients, building management, building engineers, tenants, and property managers. Written letters of recommendation are expected.
- Project Scope – ability and mastery to read, interpret and implement all plans specifications and finite details in the building construction realm. Superintendents manage the scope of work and ensures all aspects of the project are legal, code compliant, built within with confines of building site rules, local regulations, and constraints. Projects are to be completed to the highest level specified or better with no exceptions.
- Scheduling – consistent attention to the project schedule and maintaining oversight to avoid negative slip. Always study and strive to create efficiencies and complete projects faster. Superintendents inform all trade contractors and management on the status of the master schedule and provide a two-week look ahead of future work. Ability to finish projects on-time is considered the bare minimum.
- Cost Control – reduction of budgetary costs through labor, material, and creativity. Superintendents are able to recognize changes in scope and accurately judge needed resources for those changes.
- Safety – enforcement of a safe and clean work environment at all times. Strict adherences to all OSHA guidelines in protection of workers and the general public above all else. Zero accidents and/or claims are considered the minimum requirement.
- Marketing – as the face of the company to the public, constant awareness of potential clients or future work must always be at the front of mind. Each project should net on average 2 new projects as direct result of personnel marketing efforts.
- Five years minimum commercial construction experience (restaurant/retail preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication needed.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work.
- OSHA 30-hour certification with working knowledge of current OSHA safety regulations is required.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screenings for security clearance.
- Tech literate with command of MS products, email, cloud-based document coordination, comfort in working with new construction apps and software on tablet/laptop & phone.
- Able to read, understand and implement construction drawings, plans & specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage cost, schedule, quality, and safety on construction sites.
- Current Driver’s License, clean driving record and reliable personal mode of transportation to and from the office.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Company matches Simple IRA retirement plan.
- Structured bonus system based on project performance.
- Commission for new work procured / referral and subsequent projects from source.
- PTO – holidays, vacation & sick.
- Group insurance plan discounts & HSA – company funded 2019.
- Company vehicle, cell phone, tablet & tools.
- Per diem, travel expense & hotel for ‘out of state work.’
- Quarterly team building events & fun work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below and submit the form along with your resume.