Location: HQ in Frederick, Maryland- majority of work within the DC Metro / VA / MD areas but projects anywhere on the east coast to be expected.
Job Description: This position requires high-level leadership to foster teamwork to protect and promote the interests of the Company. The role of the Project Superintendent encompasses a variety of responsibilities to be completed on time and efficiently. The Project Superintendent acts as the on-site point of contact and supervisor to subcontractors and vendors. You will be responsible for ensuring OSHA safety regulations at all times. You will be responsible for displaying consummate professionalism and poise, willingness and ability to go the extra mile, constant attention to schedule and maintaining oversight. Demonstrating mastery in the ability to read, interpret and implement all plans specifications and finite details in the building construction realm.
Skills / Responsibilities
Customer Service – ensure the client is satisfied, always putting our best foot forward, displaying consummate professionalism and poise. Willingness and ability to go the extra mile. Written letters of recommendation and repeat business are expected.
Scope – manages scope of work and ensures all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract documents, terms and legal requirements that oversee the project and codes within the AHJ in which the project takes place.
Scheduling – constant attention to schedule, maintaining oversight and always studying and striving for ways to create efficiencies and complete projects faster. informing all trade contractors and management on the status of the master schedule and provide a two-week look ahead of future work Finishing projects on-time, per the schedule is considered the minimum requirement.
Cost Control – reduction of budgetary costs through labor, material and creative efficiencies. Able to recognize changes in scope and able to accurately judge needed time and material for those changes. Projects consistently completed on or under budget.
Safety – enforcement a safe and clean work environment at all times. Strict adherences to all OSHA guidelines in protection of workers and the general public above all else. Zero accidents and/or claims are considered the minimum requirement.
Quality – demonstrating mastery and in the ability to read, interpret and implement all plans specifications and finite details in the building construction realm. Projects to be completed to the highest level specified or better, no exception.
Marketing – as the face of the company in public constant attention to potential clients or future work must always be at the front of mind. Each project should net on average 2 new projects as direct result of personnel marketing efforts.
- Five years minimum commercial construction experience (restaurant/retail preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication needed.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
- Tech literate with command of MS products, email, cloud based document coordination, comfort in working with new construction apps and software on tablet/laptop & phone.
- A working knowledge of current OSHA safety regulations is required. OSHA 30-hour certification preferred
- Able to read, understand and implement construction drawings, plans & specifications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage cost, schedule, quality, and safety on construction sites.
- Current Driver’s License and clean driving record and personal mode of transportation.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Structured bonus system based on project performance.
- Commission for new work procured / referral and subsequent projects from source.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation & time increased yearly by tenure.
- Retirement plans.
- Group insurance plan discounts & HSA
- Per diem, travel expense & hotel for ‘out of state work.’
- Quarterly team building events & fun work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out the form below and submit the form along with your resume.
Contour Construction would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.